The April 2020 sitting of the European Diploma in Pain Medicine (EDPM) has been postponed due to the restrictions proposed in Belgium to manage COVID-19. We will find a replacement date in due course. The registration details below will apply.
The Examination takes place over these two days and you are asked to make yourself available through the entire duration, as final details of the sitting are not available until the days before the Examination. You are responsible for your travel and accommodation needs. Food will be provided during a lunch break.
How to register
To register for the Examination, please complete this application form, and contact us with the following:
- A short letter of motivation, explaining why you would like to take the Examination.
- Evidence of your medical degree.
- Curriculum Vitae detailing at least two years’ clinical work in which patients with pain have been assessed and treated. Clinical work during postgraduate training and fellowships in which patients with pain have been assessed and treated can be used as proof of relevant clinical experience.
- Letters of support or endorsement from two referees, for example a head of department, clinical director or senior colleague. This letter should confirm that you are in good standing in your country and department, and involved in seeing and managing patients with pain on a regular basis.
- Five case histories, required for completion of the viva component of the Examination.
Please send all documents to email@example.com via secure file transfer or email attachment. Please note that supporting documents should be provided in English. Where original documents are not available in English, the Examination Committee reserve the right to request further explanation.
We aim to provide applicants with a decision on their application within 5 days of receipt of application.
Successful applicants will be invoiced a registration fee of 700 euros (excl. VAT) in advance of the Examination date if they wish to sit the Examination.
For full details on the policies governing the Examination, please read the information on this webpage. Note that the marking methodology has changed since the last full sitting, and should be read by all who attend.