Due to the success of EFIC TV/Open Theatre in our 2022 Congress in Dublin, the European Pain Federation EFIC has decided to again organise an Open Theatre in Budapest for #EFIC2023.We invite all future delegates to submit an activity for this programme taking place in parallel to the scientific programme, showcasing highly interactive activities and discussions with delegates. The Open Theatre will be held in the exhibition area of the Congress, allowing for a broad and diverse audience.
The call is aimed at registered participants (speakers, poster presenters, patients, etc.) wishing to contribute to the Open Theatre programme. Please note that financial support for faculty is not available for open theatre sessions.
What is an Open Theatre session?
We are looking for proposals that might fall outside of the typical scientific workshop format, but are nonetheless educational or entertaining. Examples include:
- Pro-contra debates on issues within pain science, clinical practice or academic life in general
- Interactive presentations of recent significant publications or position papers
- Hands-on or technical demonstrations requiring equipment or guided technique-focused presentations
- Presentations of non-pharmacological interventions and low-risk therapies
- Innovative technological demonstrations (e.g. VR, wearables)