Societal Impact of Pain (SIP)
SIP Platform website
Contains all news, events and updates on the SIP project
SIP & EU health policy platform
Engage in our work on the European Commission platform for health policy.
SIP on tour
Updates on our intiatives across Europe to estabish national SIP platforms
A Multi-Stakeholder Platform in Europe
The “Societal Impact of Pain” (SIP) is an international platform created in 2009 as a joint initiative of the European Pain Federation EFIC® and the pharmaceutical company Grünenthal GmbH and aims for
- raising awareness of the relevance of the impact that pain has on our societies, health and economic systems
- exchanging information and sharing best-practices across all member states of the European Union
- developing and fostering European-wide policy strategies & activities for an improved pain care in Europe.
The platform provides opportunities for discussion for health care professionals, pain advocacy groups, politicians, healthcare insurance providers, representatives of health authorities, regulators and budget holders.
The scientific framework of the SIP platform is under the responsibility of the European Pain Federation EFIC®. Co-operation partners for SIP are Pain Alliance Europe and Active Citizenship Network. The pharmaceutical company Grünenthal GmbH is responsible for funding and non-financial support.
Milestones of the SIP platform:
- 2011: The Societal Impact of Pain A Road Map for Action
- 2014: Informal Health Conclusions Italian Presidency, Informal Health Council
- 2016: 8 Policy Recommendations: Time for Action
- 2017: Policy Recommendations 2017
Here you can find the complete overview of organisations that have endorsed one or more SIP annual events.