The Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) Platform
SIP Platform Website
Contains all news, events and updates on the SIP platform.
A Multi-Stakeholder Platform in Europe
The ‘Societal Impact of Pain’ (SIP) platform is a multi-stakeholder partnership led by the European Pain Federation EFIC and Pain Alliance Europe (PAE), which aims to raise awareness of pain and change pain policies.
The platform provides opportunities for discussion for health care professionals, pain advocacy groups, politicians, healthcare insurance providers, representatives of health authorities, regulators, and budget holders.
The scientific framework of the SIP platform is under the responsibility of EFIC and the strategic direction of the project is defined by both partners. The pharmaceutical companies Grünenthal GmbH and GSK are the main sponsors of the Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) platform.
For further information, please contact:
Ángela Cano Palomares, Project Manager, Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) Europe, at European Pain Federation EFIC – firstname.lastname@example.org
Emilia Kosińska, Association and Projects Manager, PAE – email@example.com
Milestones of the SIP platform:
- 2011: The Societal Impact of Pain A Road Map for Action
- 2014: Informal Health Conclusions Italian Presidency, Informal Health Council
- 2016: Eight Policy Recommendations: Time for Action
- 2017: Policy Recommendations 2017
- 2018: SIP Position Paper
- 2019: SIP Thematic Network Joint Statement
- 2020: New governance model for SIP
- 2020: SIP Cancer Position Paper
- 2021: SIP Workplace Integration and Adaptation Position Paper
- 2022: SIP Road Map Monitor
- 2022: SIP Digital Health: Pain Assessment and Quality Indicators Position Paper
- 2023: SIP Joint Statement on Pain and Mental Health
- 2023: SIP ICD-11 Position Paper