What are the European Pain Federation EFIC® Pain Schools?
The Pain Schools are courses aimed at early-career European medical doctors and allied health professionals who are interested in further developing their knowledge and expertise in the field of pain management. The courses run for 4-5 days and include an evidence-based approach to the assessment, diagnosis and comprehensive management of pain patients. Want to learn more about our EFIC Pain Schools? Check out our EFIC Pain Schools at a glance.
European Pain Federation EFIC® Pain Schools 2022
We are excited to announce that our EFIC Pain Schools will finally take place again in 2022. Find out more below:
How can I apply for a grant to attend a European Pain Federation EFIC® Pain School?
EFIC offer 15 places per Pain School free of charge via a grant. For the chosen 15 applicants, all teaching and related activities are provided for free, along with accommodation and meals. The only significant cost these applicants should expect to pay is their travel.
Candidates should apply via EFIC centrally using this application form. The application deadline is 31 May 2022. Candidates will be notified by the end of June 2022.
All applications are evaluated by the European Pain Federation EFIC® Committee on Education and approved by the Executive Board.
If a successful applicant is not able to attend the Pain School for any reason, the applicant or the Councillor representing the applicant must inform the office, the Pain School and the respective Councillor in writing minimum 30 working days before the start of the Pain School. If no prior notice is received in this time period the respective national Chapter will be held responsible to pay 20% of the grant (1000€ per applicant).
Is it possible to attend a Pain School without the Grant?
Some schools offer self-registration. To find our more, contact the Pain School directly via the email or visit the school’s website:
Please allow sufficient time to request your international PASSPORT/VISA requirements for travel purposes.
Guidance for new Pain Schools
EFIC is considering proposals for new Pain Schools. Proposals must follow the principles below:
• Provide a stimulating learning environment, careful planning of teaching and social events and interactive lecturers
• Position EFIC® as a highly professional organization offering quality CME.
• Model the Pain Schools teaching to align it with the EFIC® Curricula and future Common Training Framework.
• Strengthen the focus on interprofessional, interdisciplinary, and multimodal pain medicine
• Attract self-paying participants
• Create Pain Schools alumni and foster long-term dedication of participants to interprofessional pain medicine, following the EFIC® approach.
• Pain Schools to act as a supplementary learning aid for those preparing for the EFIC® examinations, but not to model the Schools as ‘prep courses’ for the examinations.
• Enabling the creation of quality CME material, like videos, webcasts, slides etc. in collaboration with the on-site faculty.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.