Criteria for EFIC endorsement of educational events on pain medicine
Since education in the essentials of pain diagnostics and management is in most regions/ countries insufficient regarding undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, educational initiatives are welcomed by EFIC. EFIC endorsement for regional or national educational events will be helpful to strengthen the interdisciplinary and multinational character of pain medicine across Europe.
This endorsement application is available to all EFIC chapters who apply for endorsement. Proposals should arrive at the EFIC office at least six months before the start of the event to allow evaluation by the respective EFIC Committees and the EFIC Executive Board. EFIC will allow the organizers of the event to use the EFIC logo on the program and at the venue and will advertise the pain educational meeting through its homepage and mailings.
The applicant will be informed by the EFIC Executive Board about the use of the EFIC logo for the announcement and the educational material on the event (website/programme). EFIC will advertise the meeting on its website and distribute EFIC materials to the applicant chapter. In order to receive the endorsement you must be willing to distribute EFIC materials during your event and promote any display EFIC in other possible manner.
To obtain “endorsement”, the proposal must indicate:
- The event has a national or regional character, e.g. the society’s annual conference
- The event is open to an audience from all medical specialties involved in pain medicine and to members of all EFIC chapter.
- The program has to focus primarily on pain
- EFIC will look for a balanced program (from speakers, different disciplines, countries)
- Speakers should
- be active in the domain of pain
- originate from three different disciplines including a minimum of one speaker from a psychological discipline if applicable (nursing an d physical medicine are desirable additional options)
- be partially international
- CME-points from the local medical board are mandatory
- Sponsorship or economical support has to be revealed, including disclosure on conflict of interest