We are excited to announce that the EFIC Pain School on Cancer Pain and Palliative Care 2023 will take place on 16 – 19 May 2023 in Maribor, Slovenia. This inter-professional pain school will focus on pain management for patients with cancer and those surviving cancer as well as palliative care for patients with cancer.
The school aims to develop skills of assessing and treating pain in patients with cancer disease. The emphasis is on a collaborative and multidisciplinary approach to manage pain originated from cancer and its treatment. The program of the school aligns with the EFIC Curricula and is designed as interactive with lectures, practical sessions, case presentations, videos, interview and surveys. The lecturers from all over Europe are experts in the field of pain medicine, oncology and palliative care. Find out more here.
How to apply
- Candidates should apply via EFIC centrally using this form. Please note that for this pain school, your level of English needs to be at least C1 or higher according to the CEFR standard.
- The deadline for application is 3 March 2023.
- EFIC offer 15 places for this Pain School free of charge via a grant. For the chosen 15 applicants, all teaching and related activities are provided for free, along with accommodation and meals. The only significant cost these applicants should expect to pay is their travel.
- The remaining 10 places will be self-funded, with a fee payable to the Pain School organisers of 600 euros excl. VAT (includes coffee breaks, lunches and dinner).
- All applications are evaluated by the European Pain Federation EFIC® Committee on Education and approved by the Executive Board.
Application for this Pain School is now open. Candidates will be notified in late March 2023.