The European Pain Federation EFIC is looking for a self-starting, ambitious and conscientious individual to support its partner organisation Pain Alliance Europe. Pain Alliance Europe (PAE) is a non-profit organisation based in Belgium, functioning as an umbrella organisation of 40 national and regional associations in 17 European countries, concerned with chronic pain, regardless the underlying condition. PAE require an Association and Projects Manager to manage its administration and key projects, as well as to represent the organisation as a first point of contact in Europe.
The Association and Projects Manager would be contracted to the European Pain Federation EFIC, a non-profit organisation representing clinicians and researchers in the field of pain. EFIC would maintain primary responsibility over the individual in terms of the contract, legal responsibility, working conditions, performance review and termination. The Association and Projects Manager would take day-to-day supervision and tasks from the President of Pain Alliance Europe, and would take long-term strategic direction from the Pain Alliance Europe board.
Remuneration and contract terms will be discussed during the interview.
Flexibility will be provided in terms of location of work, though you will be expected to work partly from the PAE offices in Brussels.
The start date is 3rd January or asap. Interviews are expected in December.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Self-starting and able to work independently
- Capable of working remotely from line manager and keeping task oriented with minimal supervision
- Good organiser, capable of managing the administration of a non-profit organisation
- Ability to meet external stakeholders on behalf of the organisation and represent the organisation professionally
- Legal right to work in the European Union
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook and standard professional IT tools
- Familiarity with communications and social media tools and activities
- Able to work with and guide external service providers such as accountants and IT professionals
- Has some basic familiarity with book-keeping and budget setting
- Passionate about supporting a non-profit organisation with a public health mission
- Working knowledge of Dutch and/or French
- Understanding of non-profit organisations in Belgium
- Understanding of the European Union and the role of public health organisations in Brussels
- Understanding of chronic pain and related healthcare issues
- Experience in project management, particularly with regards to political and awareness raising campaigns, events organisation, or prize competitions
- Has worked with or for patient representatives and understands the unique role of patients in health policy debates
- Has worked in a fundraising or sponsorship-raising role
- Being the main point of contact for a non-profit organisation in Brussels
- Providing administrative support to PAE as a partner of EFIC
- Day-to-day administration and book-keeping
- Day-to-day management of logistics, office space, and stationery
- Day-to-day management of social media and communications
- Support for project management (e.g. campaigns and surveys)
- Support for fundraising initiatives
- Event management
- Logistical support to volunteers
Applications should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline is Monday, 13 December 2021.